If your financial circumstances have changed, you can apply for free school meals and a clothing grant if you receive:
- Universal Credit (where your monthly earned income is not more than £610)
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income based Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
Your child is also entitled to free school lunches and a clothing grant if you receive:
- Child Tax Credit, but not Working Tax Credit, and your annual income is less than £16,105
- Both maximum Child Tax Credit and maximum Working Tax Credit, and your annual income is less than £6,900
How to apply
To apply, download and complete the application form below then email it with any supporting documents to email@example.com. There is a single application form for both benefits. You need only apply once per year. Supporting evidence will be needed at the time of applying. We cannot process applications until we receive this.
Please follow this advice to reduce the risks of sending personal information by email:
- Do not use a shared device to send your email.
- Do not use an unsecured or public WiFi network to send your email.
- Before sending, double check the email address you are sending to is firstname.lastname@example.org
- After sending, delete your personal documents from your sent email.
- Free school meals and clothing application form (Word version)
- Free school meals and clothing application form (PDF version)
Advice for mobile/tablet device users
Please use either Microsoft Wordor Adobe Acrobat Reader(both free to download from your app store) to open up the form which should allow you to complete and save the application ready to email. Email the completed form and any supporting documents to email@example.com
What happens next?
We aim to process all applications within 28 days, although this may vary in busy periods. Free school meals will be awarded immediately, and clothing grants will normally be awarded within 28 days from receipt of application. Regular payments will be made up to 31 March 2021.